Yields approximately 6 servings
93% lean ground turkey
16 ounces gluten free noodles
1 ½ cans plain diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces cans)
1/2 cup diced scallions (green part from green onions only)
1 can tomato paste (6 ounce can)
1-2 TBSP Italian seasoning to taste
fresh ground sea salt and ground pepper to taste
extra virgin olive oil
4 ounces goat cheese crumbles
1. Boil water in large pot with about 1 TBSP olive oil and salt. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Heat 1 TBSP of olive oil in pan, add scallions and sauté.
3. Add ground turkey to scallions. Season with Italian seasoning, sea salt and ground pepper to taste. (I like about 1 ½ TBSP of Italian seasoning).
4. While the ground turkey is cooking, add the gluten free noodles to the boiling water. Cook according to package directions until al dente. Be watchful of noodles, gluten free noodles can get over cooked easily.
5. Add diced tomatoes and tomato paste to ground turkey. Stir and heat while waiting for paste to cook.
6. Drain pasta and return to the large pot. Add the turkey tomato mixture to the noodles and gently fold to combine.
7. Pour mixture into 9x13 casserole dish. Sprinkle goat cheese crumbles evenly across top of noodle mixture.
8. Bake 10-15 minutes.
Note: Each ounce of goat cheese crumbles contains less than 1 gram of lactose. Most individuals tolerate 1-4 grams of lactose in a meal. (This will depend of your personal tolerance level).