It's taco Tuesday! To help inspire you, here is a recipe for a gluten free and low FODMAP friendly taco recipe full of flavor and protein. Note the sweet potato hash is not low FODMAP. Replace sweet potato with white potato if you do not tolerate sweet potato.
Serves 2 people
1/2 pound uncooked shrimp
3 TSP cumin
4-5 radishes, washed and sliced
1/2 cup scallions (green parts only) sliced
1 large sweet potato (not low FODMAP)
corn taco shells
Optional depending on tolerance: manchego cheese, sour cream
1. Wash and peel sweet potato. Shred sweet potato into fine pieces into medium bowl (food processor may also work well). Stir in 2 TSP cumin and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Spread sweet potato into hot pan with approximately 2 TBSP olive oil over medium heat, cook until crispy.
3. Heat 1 TBSP olive oil in another pan. Add scallions and shrimp and sauté until completely pink.
4. Sprinkle remaining 1 TBSP cumin over shrimp and the juice from 1 lime.
5. Warm taco shells.
6. Fill tacos with shrimp, radishes, and cilantro. Optional toppings: manchego cheese and sour cream if tolerated.
7. Serve with side of cumin sweet potato hash.
Each serving provides approximately 20 grams of protein.